I am pleased to report that the LexisNexis Web Visibility Solutions team won Best Legal Mobile Website in the Web Marketing Association's prestigious 2012 MobileWebAwards Competition.
This is a particularly exciting win, as the award-winning site, "Philadelphia Immigration Attorneys Mobile Multi-Platform Site," demonstrates how the same legal website can be optimized to be easily viewed from multiple platforms, whether that's from a PC, a tablet, or a smartphone. This is important because mobility matters more than ever for attorneys. In February, global technology analyst Canalys released its 2011 sales report that found, for the first time, smartphone sales exceeded PCs. Moreover, in the United States, mobile searches have quadrupled in the last year, according to Google.
More consumers are using their devices to research legal issues online and seek out consultations, often when it matters the most. In fact, for some legal practice areas — such as personal injury, and drunk driving defense — not having a mobile-optimized site means that potential clients having difficulty viewing your contact info from their iPhones will just call another firm.
Seventh Major Award Win in Past Year
This win marks the seventh major award within the last year for the LexisNexis Web Visibility Solutions team. This new award is also key, because it is for mobility, complementing award wins for website design, online marketing effectiveness, Client Center, and more. Our other awards include:
- 2011-2012 Horizon Interactive Awards Bronze Award win in "Websites-Self Promotion" category for Bryce Law Firm PLLC in Tulsa, OK, which provides elders and their families legal assistance with elder law, estate planning, estate administration and family law.
- 2011-2012 Horizon Interactive Awards Bronze Award win in "Websites-Self Promotion" category for The Card Law Firm, which provides personalized service to those needing assistance with family law, divorce, child custody, child support, spousal support and visitation as well as juvenile delinquency and dependency.
- 2012 Best Legal Integrated Ad Campaign honor in the Web Marketing Association's Internet Advertising Competition (IAC) for Macey Bankruptcy Law (leveraging a LexisNexis® Content Sponsorship, the "Macey Bankruptcy Law Campaign" included an exclusive opportunity to be showcased as a thought leader ona national level).
- 2012 CODiETM Award from the Software & Information Industry Association in the digital content category of "Best Legal Solution" for LexisNexis Client Center. Client Center is an online client collaboration portal built into the websites we develop for law firms.
- Web Marketing Association's 2011 WebAward for "Outstanding Website in the Legal Industry" (John J. Sheehan of Boston, www.attorneysheehan.com).
- Web Marketing Association's 2011 WebAward for "Legal Standard of Excellence" (Phillips & Associates PC of Atlanta, www.bobphillipslaw.com).
I continue to be extremely proud of the exceptional value and innovation the Web Visibility Solutions team brings to our customers in developing world-class law firm websites.